Healthcare Interpreting CPD
This online 12-week Canvas course is brought to you by the University of Wolverhampton and is designed for BSL/English Interpreters who would like to further their knowledge and skills in the domain of healthcare interpreting.
The course allows you to explore:
- specialist anatomical and physiological lexicon based around the various systems of the body
- working within the healthcare physical environment and the impact on interpreter positioning
- discourse structures in Dr/patient interactions
- sight translation in healthcare
- vicarious trauma
- the impact of the interpreter’s presence.
Each weekly module contains at least 2 hours of worth of activity for you to complete, including a variety of video lectures, journal articles, interpretation tasks, discussion forums, online quizzes and glossary building.
The course, upon full completion of the activities, is worth 24 structured CPD points.