Independent, impartial support and advice covering all aspects of the student experience in the Faculty of Arts, Business and Social Sciences.
Find us in the Faculty Office, Room MU202 on the second floor of the Lord Swraj Paul Building (Business School building MU).
Telephone: 01902 321789
If you have a query we would recommend logging a Helpdesk call through e:vision
Open: Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5pm
How we can help you
Our Student Services Administrators are your first point of contact when you contact the Student Services office. Our role is to:
- Provide first line triage to all student queries
- Course and Programme Advice
- Advice on course transfers, leave of absence and withdrawals
- Student letter requests
- Completion of course enrolment
- Module registration queries
- E:vision and Canvas support
- Course & Timetabling enquiries
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPS)
- Advice on module results and course progression
- Regulation guidance e.g fee liability, extensions and extenuating circumstances
Roles of a Student Advisor
- Support you if you have any difficulties in liaison with colleagues in the Faculty of Arts, Business and Social Sciences and the wider University
- Understand the student journey and support you throughout your programme to reach your full potential
- Engage with you to promote support available
- Encourage you to make the best use of the support offered
What support can we offer?
- Advice on University regulations
- Programmes advice (course transfer and leave of absence)
- Progression advice
- Invoice queries
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEPS)
- Advice on extenuating circumstances and extensions
Who are we?
Faculty Student Advisor - Undergraduate Business Subjects
Tel: 01902 323631
Faculty Student Advisor for Undergraduate School of Law and School of Humanities.
Tel: 01902 322335
Our Graduate Interns are recent graduates who will share the benefit of their experience and help new students to settle into their academic programmes. They also assist returning students. They:
- provide advice and support to students on a range of queries including enrolment and registration and programme management and refer (as appropriate) academic and non academic queries
- monitor and support engagement and attendance amongst students
- support individual students who are having difficulties
- review and ensure the accuracy of information to students
- support the continuous enhancement of the student experience through advocacy and engagement with student representation, the Student Voice and Faculty Councils (or similar).
We will be recruiting for graduate interns very soon.
Faculty Enabling Tutors
Have you met your Faculty Enabling Tutor? If you have a physical or sensory impairment and are just starting your course, we recommend that you do. Find out who they are and what they do.