The Psychology Community Research Clinic (PCRC) is a clinical research project in the Department of Psychology at the University of Wolverhampton. We learn about psychological therapies and human wellbeing through offering psychological support for those who might need help with an emotional or psychological concern. We provide:
- Therapies for anxiety, depression, low mood, public
speaking anxiety and more.
- Single session consultations.
- Group Therapy
- Workshops on anxiety, public speaking, mood management,
mindfulness and exam stress
- Research in Mental Health, Psychological therapies and human potential.
- Our detailed PCRC eLeaflet outlines our full project.
The staff leading the PCRC are BPS Chartered and HCPC Registered Psychologists, experienced in helping those in need. Some of our clinic staff are in training to become Counselling Psychologists.
We are Here To Help
Our team are supervised in providing therapies for a wide variety of psychological concerns, including: confidence building, public speaking, stress management, improving mood, depression, anxiety, bereavement, panic attacks, & relationship worries.
- Psychological Therapies (e.g.: CBT, Counselling, Psychotherapy) provide a confidential space in which a therapist listens and helps you find ways to deal with emotional or psychological issues.
- Single Session Consultations / Brief Therapy (e.g.: booking one session of solution focused support at a time).
Our Role in the University
The project is owned by the Department of Psychology, and is run by the senior clinical staff. Our activities are reviewed by the leadership team of the Centre for Psychological Research. We are separate from other support services in the university (such as SSW). On occasion we may ask for your permission for us to coordinate activities with the Student Support & Wellbeing team (SSW), so we can support you in the best possible way.
Book your session
About the PCRC
- Garrett Kennedy CPsychol [Project Lead]. Principal Lecturer | Head of Psychology (Partnerships) | Chartered & HCPC Registered Psychologist, with over 10 years experience in psychotherapy and 9 in the training of new therapists. He is Project Lead, conducts assessment sessions, research interviews, and supervises the work of the team.
- Team members are in training to be Doctors of Counselling Psychology. They bring their experience in working with people in a wide range of settings. They also work in the NHS, schools, and other service providers.
- You can see our full team's details on our booking page at https://wlvpcrc.setmore.com/staff
If you need further information about what we offer or who we are, please contact us:
- E-mail: PCRC@wlv.ac.uk
Our full service information is available here: