School of Art Facilities
Wolverhampton School of Art / Facilities
The Wolverhampton School of Art has a long standing history of excellence in Arts education and offers a broad range of courses. Self-contained over nine floors in an iconic, architectural landmark – right in the heart of Wolverhampton.
The purpose-built George Wallis building houses all of our Art, Design and Media courses and contains every resource imaginable to enable students to explore, experiment and create. With outstanding facilities, including purpose-built workshops, specialist equipment and dedicated studio spaces.
The perfect environment for creativity to flourish.
Our specialist facilities include:
- Exceptional 3D Design facilities including six fully equipped specialist workshops, offering an extensive range of materials and processes for wood, metal and plastics. With specialist provision for Laser Cutting, 3D Printing and jewellery and silversmithing – every process imaginable to fully realise all of your creative ambitions.
- Outstanding Fashion and Textiles facilities including: a designated pattern cutting area and industry steam press, dye facilities and hand screen print facility. Other specialist equipment includes: a facility to tuft full scale rugs a full set of millinery equipment and computerised embroidery machinery.
- Excellent Animation, Computer Games Design, Media Film and Television Production facilities including dedicated studios with workstations running industry standard software, a motion capture suite, a purpose-built media suite, TV studios and a sound-booth with full recording capabilities.
- Industry level Graphic Design and Illustration facilities including Apple Macintosh workstations running industry-standard design software – integrated within a professional studio set up. Alongside spaces for creation, discussion and presentation.
- Amongst the best equipped Ceramics and Glass facilities in the UK and Europe. Providing students with the opportunity to experience a broad range of techniques in order to realise their creative aspirations.
- Spacious Fine Art studios flooded with natural light from a curtain of glass offering panoramic views of the city and the landscape beyond. In addition to some of the best Printmaking facilities available with dedicated intaglio (Collagraphy, Drypoint, Etching, Mezzotint), relief (Linocut, Woodcut) and Screenprinting studios/workshops.
- Some of the best photography facilities available anywhere in the UK. Both analogue and digital photographic practices are equally represented with traditional darkrooms (for black & white and full colour processing), a dedicated digital editing suite and a large photo studio with vehicle access – should you need it.
Screen School Facilities
Wolverhampton Screen School / Facilities
Our brand new multi million pound screen school houses a host of state of the art facilities for your chosen subject.
Film & Television Production Facilities
Our facilities have been designed to ensure students are able to explore and develop their passion for Film and Television.
Our links with Industry Professionals enables access to current working practices, ensuring every student gains experience which will enable them to offer a high standard of relevant skills to employers upon graduation.
The set up at Screen School is designed to mirror professional installations and allows collaboration between all areas of the Screen School and external clients. By participating in multi-disciplinary projects, students can foster professional relationships and gain invaluable experience.
A Specialist Studio designed to facilitate a variety of activities related to Television and Film Making. Equipped with 7 Broadcast cameras including Pedestals, Jibs, Sliders, CueScript Teleprompters and Talkback System housed within an Acoustically treated Space.
- Complete Studio LED Lighting system including RGB Lights.
- Multiple backdrops including Chromakey facilities.
- Local or Remote Wi-Fi controlled Vision Mixing.
Fully control all elements of a Production from the Gallery.
Control Positions include Camera Engineer, Lighting Console, Script Supervisor, Teleprompt Operator, Vision Mixer, Director, Producer, Talkback controller and Sound Console. Multiple Large screen Monitor Panels relay essential information to the Gallery users to ensure any production is managed efficiently and accurately.
Audio Production and Post-Production Facility built around a multi component system to enable flexibility and ensure the latest professional practices are available to users. Produce Foley Sound, ADR and capture and manipulate all aspects of audio required for your production.
Pre-Production Base Room and a Post-Production Base Room
Professional environments designed to allow productions teams to work on their productions from script development to planning production schedules. These spaces also provide access to 15 individual edit workstations for initial preparation of your project before finalisation of your work in the post-production finishing suites.
Post-Production Finishing Suite
Individual post-production suites equipped with audio and Visual finishing tools including colour grading monitors. Four finishing suites with colour grading facilities and 1 post-production suite with screening facility.
A classroom resource with 30 high end workstations for taught sessions with access to an Avid Nexis Server to enable access to your project throughout the facility.
A rehearsal studio for activities related to your productions such as scene run through or table reads and equipment testing before location shoots.
Screening room with Dolby Vision 4K Screening System and Dolby Atmos Sound System.
Access our well-equipped store through our online booking system which allows for efficient planning of all activities related to your Production.
Study with us
We offer a number of undergaraduate and postgraduate courses, covering a variety of subjects in Art, Design and Media
- BA (Hons) Animation
- BA (Hons) Computer Games Design
- BA (Hons) Fashion
- BA (Hons) Film and Television Production
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BDes (Hons) Furniture Design
- BA (Hons) Glass and Ceramics
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design.
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BDes (Hons) Interior Design
- BA (Hons) Media
- BA (Hons) Media, Film and Television Studies
- BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BDes (Hons) Product Design
- BA (Hons) Textiles and Surface Pattern
Design and Applied Arts
- MA Design and Applied Arts
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Ceramics)
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Fashion)
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Glass)
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Interior Design)
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Textiles)
Digital and Visual Communications
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Animation)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Computer Games Design)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Design for Advertising)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Graphic Communication)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Illustration)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Multimedia Design)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Photography)