Our architecture and built environment department encompasses a wide selection of courses including Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Surveying, Sustainability and Climate Change, Architecture and much more.
Students who study within The School of Architecture and Built Environment are taught at our £120m Springfield super campus which houses cutting-edge facilities including 6 specialist construction laboratories, a top floor architectural super studio with double height ceilings, 125-seater lecture theatre and flexible teaching and learning spaces.
Many of our courses are also accredited by professional bodies, which means they are designed to meet the requirements of these bodies and our industry partners who have helped inform their content. These include:
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
- Architects Registration Board (ARB)
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT)
- Quantity Surveying International (QSI)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE)
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE)
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation (CIHT)
- Institute of Demolition Engineers (IDE)
Graduates have gone on to secure successful careers at leading companies such as Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, Tarmac, Taylor Wimpey, South Staffs Water, Highways England, and Wates Group. Is it your time to join us?
Find out more at our next Open Day!