You’ve given us your feedback about all things digital learning!
Thank you to those students who responded to the Jisc Digital Insights survey in November. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and will help us plan for the future.
We have learnt from your feedback that:
- 88% of those of you who responded rated the usability of Canvas as good, excellent, or best imaginable.
- 77.5% agreed that recorded lectures are essential to your studies.
- 76% rated your online learning environment as good, excellent or best imaginable.
- 72% rated the quality of online and digital learning on your course as good, excellent or the best imaginable.
- 80% agreed that digital skills are important to succeed in your course and your career, but only 37.5% agreed that we provide an assessment of their digital skills and training needs.
- 43.1% stated that poor wifi is a problem for your learning, improving last year's score of 51.3%.
- 49.4% of you agreed that your online materials had been engaging and motivating, improving last year’s score of 41.5%.
Your free text comments told us that many of you enjoy the flexibility that online learning brings and that we should continue with this where possible. Nevertheless, some students told us that they prefer face to face teaching.
We will use the survey results to inform the delivery of our learning and teaching longer term, for example, ensuring that Canvas is used consistently across different modules, offering more online resources for using software and systems, producing a dedicated digital skills course and developing the laptop loan scheme.
For more information please contact the Corporate Communications Team.