We encourage all our students to participate in career-relevant work experience to enhance subject understanding, develop skills and improve their career prospects.
We can help you identify and meet your placement needs so both you, as an employer, and recruited student(s) benefit from the experience.
Types of Work Experience
12 month Industrial placement - a paid, full-time year in industry (minimum 10 months) as an accredited part of a four year degree.
Summer Internship - a paid, full-time placement during the summer break.
Work based project (or live brief) - an assignment whereby the student produces a project/solution of benefit to a collaborating industrial partner.
Work experience - an unpaid, short-term arrangement with clear learning outcome.
What can we do for you?
The Employer Liaison Team @ The Workplace will provide advice, guidance and support at all stages of the placement process. You will be assigned a dedicated placement officer who will:
- help you identify placement needs
- provide support with job descriptions and person specifications
- create adverts and post vacancies
- collect student applications
- assist with selecting suitable students
- arrange interviews (at University of Wolverhampton or company premises)
- liaise with students after interview
- where relevant, arrange for a visiting tutor to make sure everything is going well
How to get involved?
Please contact a member of the team (based with The Workplace) and they will help guide you through the process. It's simple, straight-forward and cost effective. Just a few things to remember for a 12 month industrial placement:
- Employers can start the recruitment process as early as October of the preceeding year.
- Opportunities are advertised on JobsBoard (a University of Wolverhampton recruitment site dedicated for our students and graduates), placement noticeboards and social media.
- All placements must start by September (however please discuss your individual needs with your dedicated placement officer.
Tel: 01902 323400 E-mail: email@example.com